Digital Markers of Motor Activity Captured over Smartphone are Associated with Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia
In this poster you will learn:
- Individuals with negative symptoms of schizophrenia often demonstrate altered motor behavior.
- Traditional clinician assessments of motor behavior have low inter-rater reliability and are not scalable.
- 21 individuals with schizophrenia and 9 healthy controls were asked to participate in an interactive smartphone assessment over 2 weeks.
- Videos collected from the front-facing camera during task participation were used to estimate frame-wise head motion using open-source software.
- Head motion was compared between healthy controls and patients and correlated with PANSS scores.